Kaos Gaming Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theft Information

Go down

Theft Information Empty Theft Information

Post  Admin Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:24 pm

What PvP server is complete without raids and theft? To avoid confusion, I'm going to lay down some ground rules on theft. Consider this the final word on the do's and do not's of robbing your fellow players blind!

Theft in Player Towns:

°If you're a resident in a town, it's a smart idea to "lock & block" your chests. Lock them with /cprivate and then place a full block (not half) on top of it. This should be enough to make your chests completely unassailable to outsiders. Even if opened with a lockpick, the block will prevent it from being opened.
°If you're in a town or allied with one, you cannot steal from your fellow town-mates/allies. It doesn't matter if you immediately leave the town right after. Steal from your neighbours, and you're gone.
°If you left a town in the past, and can no longer build or access containers and doors freely, you can steal from that town. That doesn't mean you can walk into a neighbour's vault, bust the blocks off their chests, leave the town, then rob them blind. If you try something similar without first consulting an admin, there's a damn good chance you'll end up banned. Don't risk it: Ask first!
°If you've never lived in the town and they're not allied, consider their stuff up for grabs. Chests, either locked or unlocked, can be opened with a lockpick (shears). Anything you find inside a chest can be taken.

the City of Kaos:

°Private homes and shops should be secured against theft whenever possible. Again, the lock & block procedure should protect you from outsiders.
°Merchants should also lock & block their chests. You can use the buy/sell sign to stock your chests even when they're inaccessible. Protect against shoplifting! Repeat after me: Lock & Block!
°If you have build rights in that lot, you cannot steal from the chests in it. Private lots are just like towns, only smaller.
°If you don't have build rights in that lot and the owner neglected to protect their chests adequately, you can steal from them. This includes player shops.

Theft in the Wilderness:

Chests, locked or unlocked, can be either lockpicked or smashed. Anything you find in the wilderness can be taken.
Valuable items incorporated into a wilderness structure's architecture can be taken.
When it comes to theft the wilderness, remember: Anything goes!

Theft Exploits:

°Pressure plates can be triggered by tamed wolves. If you're relying on something as insecure as a pressure plate to protect your massive hoard of loot from raiders, then you deserve to be robbed blind. Use a button or lever. Even better: Construct a piston door.
°Players with lag problems will find they can break blocks on top of chests in protected areas, and open them before the block respawns. This is a lag exploit. Even if the chests aren't locked, you normally wouldn't have been able to access it in normal circumstances. This is a form of cheating, and is a bannable offence.
°VIPs will sometimes find that hookshot can glitch them through certain barriers. Using this to gain access to otherwise inaccessible areas is a cheat, since it exploits both lag and glitchy plugin coding. You will be banned if caught.
°VIPs can use hookshot to pull themselves through single block gaps. As long as they don't create the gaps themselves by exploiting hookshot's tendency to erase tile entities (glass panes, iron bars), this is an exploit, not a cheat, since it pulls the player to an area the hook actually reaches. Make sure you build your structures securely if you don't want this to happen.
°Players can exploit suffocation glitches to gain access to areas above them, much like VIPs can do with hookshot. This is also a cheat, and is bannable.
°In general, if you find yourself asking "Will I get in trouble if an admin finds out?", it's a good idea to ask before you do it.
°Using Hookshot to break doors or windows is a bannable glitch exploit. No exceptions.
°Using /sethome to warp into an enemy town is an unfair exploit. Abuse it and you'll be jailed/banned.

If you have any further clarification you need, feel free to PM me. If there's something that you feel I've missed, let me know and I'll put it up here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kgcraft.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down